Want Help

asp.net , db Viet Nam
  • 13 years ago

I have an Online Entry Web Site Where I Can Input My Data.I Want to develop a desktop app in my local machine which will capture data from this online entry form and will save this in my local machine database(e.g Ms-Access).How is it possible?can anyone help me?please.....

• 13 years ago

There are many ways to obtain online data, although the most simple is to use the System.Net namespace. This is an area I am learning at the moment, and can only offer a fairly simple solution.

Private Sub GetPageData()

Try
                Dim request As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create("Your Web page here")
                request.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials
                Dim response As HttpWebResponse = CType(request.GetResponse(), HttpWebResponse)

MsgBox(response.StatusDescription)

Dim dataStream As System.IO.Stream = _
                    response.GetResponseStream()
                Dim reader As New System.IO.StreamReader(dataStream)

Dim responseFromServer As String = reader.ReadToEnd()

If responseFromServer <> "" Then
                    TextBox1.Text = responseFromServer
                Else
                    TextBox1.Text = "There is no downloadable data to view"
                End If
            Catch ex As Net.WebException
                TextBox1.Text = ex.Message() & " " & ex.Source
            Catch ex As Exception
                TextBox1.Text = ex.Message() & " " & ex.Source
            End Try
        End Sub

Once you have the data in an input stream, you then have to check the document for the values you need; a simple example is to iterate over the document using a TextReader to find the ids or names of the tags. Depending on what you want from the data, you just then have to insert the page or values into the database the ordinary way.

• 13 years ago

This is a online data entry form.

http://register.rediff.com/register/register.php?FormName=user_details

if i click on register me button.then i want details data also be inserted in my local database.then i will determined how many user registered in a perticular site from a machine.This is one kind of hacking.

Please tell me how is it possible.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of whether submarines can swim.” - Edsger W. Dijkstra