hiding column in a gridview

• 13 years ago

hi all,

I am trying to access the value of a hidden column(gridview column) but it doesn't show. But when I unhide(Visible = True) the column it shows the value. My code:

protected void GridView1_RowCommand(object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e)

{

if (e.CommandName == "editstate")

{

int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument);

txt_state_cd.Text = GridView1.Rows[index].Cells[0].Text;

txt_state_nm.Text = GridView1.Rows[index].Cells[1].Text;

}

HTML Code:

<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" BackColor="White" BorderColor="#CCCCCC" BorderStyle="None" BorderWidth="1px" CellPadding="4" ForeColor="Black" GridLines="Horizontal" Width="175px" OnRowDeleting="GridView1_RowDeleting" OnRowCommand="GridView1_RowCommand">

<Columns>

<asp:BoundField DataField="citystate_cd" ReadOnly="True" Visible="False" />

<asp:BoundField DataField="citystate_nm" HeaderText="State Name" >

<ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />

</asp:BoundField>

<asp:ButtonField ButtonType="Image" ImageUrl="~/images/icon-edit.gif" Text="Edit" CommandName="editstate" />

<asp:CommandField ButtonType="Image" DeleteImageUrl="~/images/icon-delete.gif" ShowDeleteButton="True" />

</Columns>

<EditRowStyle BackColor="LightYellow" ForeColor="Gray" />

<FooterStyle BackColor="#CCCC99" ForeColor="Black" />

<SelectedRowStyle BackColor="#CC3333" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />

<PagerStyle BackColor="White" ForeColor="Black" HorizontalAlign="Right" />

<HeaderStyle BackColor="#333333" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />

</asp:GridView>

I have used a bound field for "citystate_cd" but I have set its Visible property to False(coz I don't want to show this column, but want to access its value). It does work. Whereas if I set the Visible property to True then it works. I want that it sahould be hidden as well as I should be able to access the value.

Regards,

Royal

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.” - Edsger Dijkstra