DHCP---> Scopes

networking India
  • 13 years ago

I am currently training in using Windows server 2003, i am using a VPC.

in DHCP, suppose you have 2 scopes, scope1 and scope2, then you have client1, how can you make DHCP server to give an address to client1 from scope2... Because in my vpc, DHCP always gives address from scope1, when the time the addresses in scope1 had all  been used, it'll nver give an address even if there is a scope2. you can only make it give an address by putting the two scope in a superscope.

Given the infos above, here is my question:

• how can i assign an address coming from scope 2, even if addresses in scope1 isnt used up.
    • when addresses in scope1 have been used up. how can i make the dchp to give addresses from scope2 without putting it in a superscope.
    to anyone who could answer, greatly appreciate it...tnx

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.” - Donald Knuth