Showing Specific Rows at top

sql server Singapore
  • 13 years ago

Hi Friends,

I am working on a shopping search engine application. I want to make the search experience area specific, like when user browse my application finds the CityName of the user from its IP address. now I want to show the products/stores in that city at the top in the search results.

eg if user search for skirts and he is sitting in NY while browsing then skirts/ stores selling skirts in NY show come at the top of the result page.

My StoteMaster table is very simple.

StoreID, StoreName, toreAddress, ProductKeywords, SCountry, SZipCode, Long, Lat, SWebiste, SEmail

Plz Help me in this to make the sql query.

Thanks

Aloha

• 13 years ago

Do you already have a list of IP Addresses with their location as a separate table?

Joe 

[for instance: http://www.private.org.il/IP2geo.html]

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of whether submarines can swim.” - Edsger W. Dijkstra