Permission denied: 'CreateObject'

asp Thailand
  • 13 years ago

<--- Sending email using vbscript, asp classic and outlook. --->

Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)
    Permission denied: 'CreateObject'

I'm getting this error in my code --> Set Outlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Please help...

Thanks in advance! ü

[this is actually posted already in vbscript forum, but i'm a little confused on where to post this so I posted it here too..Smiley Face ]

• 12 years ago

you statement must be like this 

Set Outlook = server.CreateObject("Outlook.Application") 

• 12 years ago

Thank you, johntau, and sorry for the late response, I tried your suggestion but it lead me to another error, =(

Error Type:
    Server object, ASP 0178 (0x80070005)
    The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.

Thanks again.. ü

• 12 years ago

hello

you must set the parameters in the dcomcnfg ( start, execute then dcomcnfg )
    search for the outlook object and set the correct user in the identity tab

Serval

• 12 years ago

Ok, thanks, I'll  try it next time, because for now, my 'sending email' have a new approach and it is functioning well.. Thanks for the time.. ü

• 12 years ago

I am also facing the same problem and i tried to find outlook in DCOM but could not find it. I tried this on 2-3 computers but with same result. Outlook is working perfactly on all the computers. Pl. help...

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“To iterate is human, to recurse divine” - L. Peter Deutsch