application way to slow

databases , db Sri Lanka
  • 13 years ago
    Hi guys, I have a big problem which i am unable to solve. tried many ways but could get it to work. this is the scenario. I am developin an application on vb6 which will have sql 2005 enterprise edition server as the back end.The client has different branches so he needs to see what ever is happening and need all stored in a branch wise database and headoffice. I am usin access to save the branch data and usin sql 2005 to save all data from all branches. After developin the app is just connected another computer just to check if its workin. But when running the app on the computer i developed it the app is running fine. But when the app is running on the client/other computer it takes a hell of a lot time. For example when i click a button it takes ages. The client/other computer is new has 512ram, p4 3.0 ghz, vm900 mobo etc i dont think it slow at all. the network is workin fine as well with no packet loss and workin @ 100mbps (so it says when connected). I just cant figure out what is wrong. first i though may be because it needs to send files to the sql server then i closed sql code. but still even when it supposed be workin with its own C:/test.mdb file for example it takes its own time. I cant think of a way to speed it up. Can some one please help me. I am stuck and exhausted all my options. tried a variation of connection strings and still with no luck. the access file had a password, tuk it out and still the problem exists. can some one please help me. Thanks a billion in advance pleaaase help me

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are only 3 numbers of interest to a computer scientist: 1, 0 and infinity”