Is there any function in sql server or c# equivelent to the function DLookup which is used in Access and VB

csharp , db Munich, Germany
  • 13 years ago

Hi,

Im trying to use a function equivelent to DLookup for my c# code.  This is what I have that has been created in Access and VB. If possible, I want to write the same code in C#. Also, the Me function, if theres anything equivalent to that.

Dim strLabel As String

strLabel = ""

strLabel = DLookup("documentPath", "tbl_databaseInformation")

strLabel = strLabel & DLookup("documentfolder", "tbl_doctorsorders", "documentid = 1")

strLabel = strLabel & "\" & DLookup("documentname", "tbl_doctorsorders", "documentid = 1")

Me.Label0.Caption = strLabel

• 12 years ago

Visual Basic's Me is this in c#.

DLookup is not available in either c# or SQL server, but essentially it is just a select query, so you could create a stored procedure to emulate it, or create your own c# function that emulates it.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Brevity is the soul of wit” - Shakespeare