Attaching aspnetdb.mdf to SQL express

• 12 years ago

my problem :

I'm using the membership class and those authentication class in asp.net 2.0 and so it automatically created the aspnetdb.mdf in my app_data.

But when i host my website in IIS and try login, it showed this error message : An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Documents and Settings\giomanach\Desktop\prototype\App_Data\aspnetdb.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.

My above has solved by attaching the aspnetdb.mdf to sqlserver express and change the "LocalSqlServer" connectionstring's parameter to : data source=.\SQLExpress;initial catalog=CUMS;integrated security=SSPI;persist security info=False in the asp.net configuration of my website in IIS.

But another problem occured when i login to my page,i was rejected as if my password or username were wrong. May i know what is wrong here ? Urgently looking for help please. Thanx a lot ..

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There's no test like production” - Anon