Printing

vba Viet Nam
  • 12 years ago

Hi All,

I'm embarrased to ask this, but is there any way that VB6 can disable and re-enable the form feed to an elderly HP 890C printer?

My program(my very first attempt at VB) accepts a currency input and various other minor details, breaks the StartSum down into five smaller sums using various percentages, allocates nominal codes to each, and loads them into a small form which can then be printed out for attachment to the suppliers invoice or statement.  It has been a very interesting exercise, and everything seems to work OK. I think, in fact, that I've made the thing bulletproof, but there is a problem I don't know how to solve. The form I'm printing out is A4 wide, but only an inch or so long, and my friend the office manager is complaining that she is needs a complete A4 sheet every time she produces a small "print slip".

Is it possible to disable the printer form feed at the end of each "PrintForm" command, so that the next print command starts where the previous one left off, and I can produce an A4 sheet with up to eight or ten "print slips", which I can separate off into individual items? With something as powerful as VB6 it must be possible, but I just don't know where to look!!

Regards

JCC

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The greatest performance improvement of all is when a system goes from not-working to working.” - John Ousterhout