Sending mail thru Javascript

java , javascript Chicago, United States
  • 12 years ago

Is there a way to send data from a form to e-mail using Javascript without using a client mail application? I don't have any access on the server's cgi scripts or any server side script. Looking forward for your help...thanks a lot!

• 12 years ago

You can't send an e-mail using only javascript.

• 12 years ago

Thanks!

How about a Javascript accessing the shell of a Sun server? and send e-mail from there,  or any other same scenario?

• 12 years ago

I'm sorry man, but I have no idea about how you can use JavaScript to access the shell of a Sun server because I never had anything else installed on my PC but Windows (XP & Vista)...

Why not using php to do that? There are lots and lots of good mail scripts out there you can use.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time.” - Tom Cargill