TCP connection over WAN

• 12 years ago

Hi guyz,

I'm trying to make a program that can send simple data back and forth between 2 computers over the the internet... At the moment i can only get it to send data over the LAN, i have setup my router to forward all incoming connections to a specific port to my computer but still no luck... anyone have any hints, here is the source code for the server and client...

SERVER CODE:-

Try

Listener = New TcpListener(IPAddress.Parse("127.0.0.1"), 22667) rchMessageBox.Text += "Starting IP Listener..." & vbCrLf

m_terminate = False

Listener.Start()

Listener.BeginAcceptTcpClient(
    AddressOf ConnectionHandler, Nothing)

rchMessageBox.Text += "Server Awaiting Connections. Press Cancel to stop server." & vbCrLf

Catch ex As Exception rchMessageBox.Text += "Could not start IP Listener" & vbCrLf

End Try

CLIENT CODE:-

Using client As New TcpClient Me.rchMessageBox.Text += "Attempting to connect to server on port 22666..." & vbCrLf

Try

client.Connect(IPAddress.Parse("82.10.xxx.xxx"), 22667)

Catch ex As Exception

Me.rchMessageBox.Text += "Error Connecting..." & vbCrLf

Exit Sub

End Try

Using writer As New BinaryWriter(client.GetStream)

writer.Write("ConNecT")

Using reader As New BinaryReader(client.GetStream)

If reader.ReadString = "OK" Then

Me.rchMessageBox.Text += "Connection Established..." & vbCrLf writer.Write("ReqUesT")

If reader.ReadString = "FILE?" Then

Me.rchMessageBox.Text += "Connection Established..." & vbCrLf

writer.Write(txtFile.Text)

Dim filesize As Integer = Integer.Parse(reader.ReadString())

For i As Integer = 1 To filesize

Me.rchMessageBox.Text += Chr(client.GetStream.ReadByte)

Next

Me.rchMessageBox.Text += vbCrLf & "Disconnecting..." & vbCrLf writer.Write("DisConNecT")

End If

Else

Me.rchMessageBox.Text += "Connection not complete" & vbCrLf

End If

End Using

End Using

End Using

I have left out all the threaded code because there is no problem with this, only the connecting...

This is in vb.net 2005

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.” - E. W. Dijkstra