dropdownlist

csharp , db Kuwait
  • 12 years ago

hai this is ramesh i want to calculate the no of employee working days for employee for this i have designed a login page in that i have login time and logout time .when employee login time is noted and again logout time is noted now i want to calulate the no of working days by taking both these fields for particular months for these i have taken two dropdown list one for empid and another for month now by selecting both these i should get the emp working for particular month can any tell this pls its very urgent

• 12 years ago

are you using database?

• 12 years ago
    [quote user="GueAnaqSelat"]

are you using database?

[/quote]

yes iam using sqlserver2005.actually i have tried this code

cn.Open();
            Session["item"] = DropDownList1.SelectedItem.Text;

if (DropDownList2.SelectedIndex == 0)
            {
                string i;
                cn.Open();
                SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("select sum(datediff(minute,logintime,logouttime)) from login where empid='" + DropDownList1.SelectedItem.Text + "' and date between '1/1/2008' and '1/31/2008'", cn);
                i = cmd.ExecuteReader().ToString();
                if (int.Parse(i) > 0)
                {
                    int hours, totdays = 27, days, ot;
                    hours = int.Parse(i) / 60;
                    days = hours / 8;
                    ot = hours % 8;
                    SqlCommand cmd1 = new SqlCommand("update payslips set empworkingdays='" + days + "',totalworkingdays='" + totdays + "',ot='" + ot + "'", cn);
                    //SqlCommand cmd1 = new SqlCommand("insert into payslips(empworkingdays,totalworkingdays,ot) values ('" + days + "','" + totdays + "','" + ot + "')", cn);
                    cmd1.ExecuteNonQuery();
                }
                else
                {
                    Label4.Text = "no data";

}

autually i have tried for one month like january but iam not getting[quote user="GueAnaqSelat"]

are you using database?

[/quote] 
  • 12 years ago

why you want to use datediff? instead u can use distinct all the particular emloyee for that particula login date and logout time. and count them

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“C++ : Where friends have access to your private members.” - Gavin Russell Baker