help me to backup and restore access database

• 12 years ago

Hi there ! i miss u all

now i need somebody to help me ,

i need some code and link website, how to backup and restore access database

but the way that i want to do is no need to copy Database file for back up or retore .

best regard from

nimol men

• 12 years ago

Since an Access database is just an mdb file, you could use the methods in the System.IO.File namespace to copy it.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.file.copy.aspx 

• 12 years ago

Yes thanks TimLBig Smile

i just find a better way

+ backup Database

Function Chomlong_Database(ByVal [sSourceFile] As String, ByVal [sDestination] As String) As String

Try

Dim JRO As JRO.JetEngine

JRO = New JRO.JetEngine

JRO.CompactDatabase("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & [sSourceFile] & ";Jet OLEDB:Database Password=hello", "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & [sDestination] & ";Jet OLEDB:Database Password=hello")

Return "True"

Catch ex As Exception Return ex.Message

Exit Function

End Try

End Function

+ Restore Database

i accept you to copy file database to over write old database

Thanks a lot ..

• 12 years ago

Yes - that looks like a better solution since you are also compacting the database with that command.

Tim 

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.” - Dennis Ritchie