I want a website

.net , css United States
  • 18 years ago

i want a website, by that i mean my own name and also the ability to fill in forms and have the details emailed to me..

How/where do i get one/set one up ??

@ the moment, i have files stored on freeserve and my information form is controlled by Bravenet.

http://www.freakys.fsnet.co.uk

any info please (especially from you James, as you have your own site)

• 18 years ago

Setting up your own web site is simple...  Simply go to Register.com and register your own domain name.  For example.  SenGoku.com or whatever may be available.  It's cheap, too.  Then just get someone to host it.

• 18 years ago

As Tal said, you need to do the following:

• Register a domain name, such as mywebsite.com ... prices can vary quite a bit, so check around. (I use 123-reg.co.uk... you can get a .com domain for £20 for 2 years)
    • Find a hosting company.... again, you usually pay for what you get. Packages can start from £20 a year, to over £2000 a month....! (We use MaximumASP.com, but they charge $159 a month... which may be a bit of overkill for your first website...)
  • 18 years ago

I clicked on one of the advertisements here at DeveloperFusion and it brought me to the following link:

IPowerWeb

They look like they have a pretty good deal going on for only $7.95/month with free domain registration, but then again, it depends on what you want to do with the site.  Check into the details.

Good luck...

• 18 years ago

thanks everyone

i`m currently trying to merge html with VB

and being successfull

• 18 years ago

Hi.. its Peeyush frm India, If ur really interested in getting services of good registrar the go to www.space2host.com . Its a India based ISP with very economical and good services you can get the packages just starting from $15 with domain name FREE of cost.

Check it ...

Bye ...

Peeyush Nigam
    PARI WEB SERVICES™
    www.pari.4t.com  

• 18 years ago

otherwise we can offer you hosting for around Australian $199 + $66 Setup fee. Its for the whole year and you get:

+ IIS 5 Servers with .NET Framwrok installed
    + 50MB Space
    + Full Website Statistics  
    + Active Server Page (ASP) Support
    + PHP 4  
    + Perl 5 support (with cgi-bin)
    + Free Bandwidth up to 2GB per month
    + ODBC Database support (Access, Foxpro, Dbase)
    + Jmail 3, Sendmail, Blat, ASPMail, ASPEmail

So in US$ it would be around $100. And you can have additional items liek:

Extra 1GB Data
    Transfer / month $14
    per month  

Additional 50MB
    Storage Space $13
    per month

Domain Pointers  $19
    once off

SQL Server 7.0
    with 20MB Database $660
    per year

Sub Domains $19
    once off

SQL Server 7.0
    with 70MB Database $1060
    per year

SQL Server 7.0
    with 150MB Database $1520
    per year  

Domain Registration:
    .COM.AU / .NET.AU $137.50
    for 2 years

Domain Registration:
    .COM / .NET / .ORG  $39
    per year      

If your interested pop an email down to me.

• 18 years ago

thats sort of a little bit of advertising but i havent put up any pages up to say the pricing for them. Theres also RedHat Linux Hosting as well but i thnk you should stick with good Old Microsoft unless your after a more CGI/PERL based website in which case Unix or Linux is recommended.

• 18 years ago

Well,....upon reading your msg re; HTML combined with VB I decided to let you know,...that is what I have been doing. I have "built" several Webpages wit HTML, but incorporating VB into them is a recent endeavor proving to be a challenge of sorts,.....but nothing that cannot be accomplished! Good luck! Stick with it! And if you happen to have any pointers to pass along,....or any questions that I might be able to answer,...I would love to correspond!

• 18 years ago

Right, all in a streight line so I can WHOP all your asses.

Whats all this about hosting and domains - foddleplop. For a personal homepage, unless its very good, you don't need to go and buy anything. Get an ad'less site, and I will tell you how.

Your current isp should almost definatly give your 10 megs or so of free webapce and you can get a redirect at www.xrs.net ( http://energy.xrs.net ) That wat you only get your self a website, with no ads.

however you can see pages are stored on your isp's webspace quite easily. It doesn't matter though. Content counts.

:-D !

We'll have no more money thrown at personal websites. Its a waste of money.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“You can stand on the shoulders of giants OR a big enough pile of dwarfs, works either way.”