Java Script, File uploading on ftp server using java script code

asp.net , java , javascript Bombay, India
  • 12 years ago

Hi,

I am designing a HTML base web site  i have a requrment that upload doc file on ftp server, i need code of javascript to upload doc file on ftp server, remember i am not using ASP.net , i m using html pages , so need java script code

Regards

Arshad

• 12 years ago

Hi, welcome to Developer Fusion! :)

I'm afraid you simply can't use JavaScript to do this. At the very least you would need some sort of plug-in to sit in the browser, and your javascript can talk to that. A better option would probably be to have an upload form and post the file you want, but this would still require some server-side logic using ASP.NET, PHP or equivalent...

Hope that helps

• 11 years ago

Hi

Actually you can do it using our product, IntegralFTP. It provides a Javascript class called FTPClient, with methods like uploadFile, downloadFile and deleteFile. Of course, implementing the FTP protocol from Javascript is not possible, so it uses an invisible Java applet to do the comms.

There's an online demo at integralftp.com. This demo has an HTML/Javascript front-end and uses the FTPClient Javascript class to implement an FTP client inside a webpage.

There are also some online examples here.

It also does FTPS and SFTP.

Hans Andersen EnterpriseDT

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are only 3 numbers of interest to a computer scientist: 1, 0 and infinity”