Insert Records From One Ms Access table to Other Access Table

db Korea
  • 12 years ago

I need to insert records from one MS Access database table to another MS Access database table.

i'm writing the code using vb.net 2003 windows application with MS Access 2003 database.Kindly give

me the steps to achieve this.and if possible sample code as i'm stuck somewhere in coding part.

thank you

regards

chandru

• 12 years ago

Are the 2 tables in the same Access database or are they in 2 separate mdb files?

• 12 years ago

They are in 2 different mdb files.moreover the fields wil be same in both the tables.but the 2nd table (i.e. in which i need to insert records) contains more fields than 1st one.i need to insert all the records from 1st table to 2nd table without checking for any duplicate entries.i mean there won't be any primary key..in both the tables of different database files.

• 11 years ago

just check this link which can help you in to insert data from one table to another table. http://aspnetans.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-insert-data-from-one-table-to.html

• 11 years ago

just check this link which can help you in to insert data from one table to another table. Link Text

• 11 years ago

just check this link which can help you in to insert data from one table to another table. Click here to see example

• 11 years ago

good article - although in this scenario, the OP is using Access rather than SQL Server.

• 11 years ago

INSERT INTO tablename[(field1[, field2[, ...]])] [IN archive] _SELECT [current.]field1[, field2[, ...] _FROM tableexpression (???)

I thinks the code will work for you.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than in practice.”