problem with a progressbar : it dispears

• 12 years ago

I have  two userforms .One is  a progressbar  that I made. The other  is  a userform that   contains a   long code.The  progressbar allows the user  to see  the percentage of the execution.   My problem  is the progressbar dispears each step of the execution  of  the principal code. How can I maintain  the progressbar until  the end of the execution.

• 12 years ago
    I did some testing and the following worked without too much delay: frmProgressBar.Visible = True Me.Hide For i = 1 To 1000000 frmProgressBar.ProgressBar1.Value = i / 10000 DoEvents Next i Me.Visible = True If I did a frmProgressBar.Refresh inside the loop, or even a frmProgressBar.ProgressBar1.Refresh, it slowed the loop down, but if you have a massive amount of code going on, the performance hit may be acceptable. Hope this helps!

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The greatest performance improvement of all is when a system goes from not-working to working.” - John Ousterhout