Error in running an exe from network..

oledbpermission , .net framework , configuration tool Pasadena, United States
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, I was trying to run an application from a computer in the network but I can't continue. The following error occurs. Application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission, contact your system administrator, or use the Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration tool. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Request for the permission of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbPermission, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=somethinghere' failed. Kindly help. Thanks!
  • 12 years ago
    I suspect you need to change your local security policy to trust that particular network share. Take a look at [this blog post](http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa/archive/2004/12/30/344554.aspx) Hope that helps!
  • 12 years ago
    thanks for the reply and sorry for the innocence, but I really can`t understand this. i already saw that blog post yesterday, but do nothing since i don't understand, :( CasPol.exe -m -ag 1.2 -url file://\\ShawnFa-Srv/Tools/* FullTrust CasPol -m -ag 1.2 -hash SHA1 -file \\ShawnFa-Srv\Tools\CodeCSS\CodeCSS.exe FullTrust Will I just replace CodeCSS.exe with my exe? Or after \Tools I have to locate my exe? Thanks again,
  • 12 years ago
    thanks for the reply and sorry for the innocence, but I really can`t understand this. i already saw that blog post yesterday, but do nothing since i don`t understand, :( CasPol.exe -m -ag 1.2 -url file://\\ShawnFa-Srv/Tools/* FullTrust CasPol -m -ag 1.2 -hash SHA1 -file \\ShawnFa-Srv\Tools\CodeCSS\CodeCSS.exe FullTrust Will I just replace CodeCSS.exe with my exe? Or after \Tools I have to locate my exe? Thanks again,
  • 12 years ago
    [How brainless! Sorry for the double posting. No editing and deleting of posted messages yet.] Anyway, I slightly understand the command now, and I try to do it in command prompt. But then, I do not succeed. Is it right to do this in command prompt? Where should I run this? Thanks.
  • 12 years ago
    it's working fine now, just added Everyone to sharing and security of the shared folder, then give read and execute rights.. (since mine is just a simple one, i`ve given a full control) as of now, maybe i do not need to do the caspol way.. ΓΌ

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.” - Rich Cook