Web Development

help , suggestions , paas , wpf , xaml , development Canada
  • 9 years ago
    I'm researching SaaS and PaaS and I'd like to hear some feedback of the experiences you've had with these concepts. Currently, I'm torn between a few PaaS providers and I'd really like to try out some of the platforms built on WPF/XAML, anyone have any suggestions or advice? Thanks in advice
  • 9 years ago
    Hey - again, a little confused here (my usual state of mind!). Are you sure you don't mean WCF and/or Astoria (now .NET Data Services) ? WCF offers a unified communication model - across web services, REST, and a bunch of others.... Astoria provides a simple RESTful data storage mechanism. WPF is purely a desktop application presentation mechanism - though Silverlight uses a subset of this on the web. Hope this helps
  • 9 years ago
    I guess I just didn't explain it properly, I have researched a lot of different PaaS providers, but the ones that have caught my eye are the ones built on Windows Presentation Foundation and XAML, I know the knock on WPF is that its slow in response time and most systems can't run it because they can't keep up with it, but I've read a lot about www.perfectmind.com That seems to be a Platform as a Service that can break through the barriers of WPF, maybe I'm reading the information on the site wrong, can anyone see what they can gather from the info?

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“God could create the world in six days because he didn't have to make it compatible with the previous version.”