Run-time error '91'

vb6 , data , error 91 Romania
  • 12 years ago
    Hello, I am trying to make a program to access a Microsoft Access '97 database in VB 6.0. I am using a data control (named datBD), with the DatabaseName and Recordsource properties set accordingly. On loading the main form in the program i have the following code: datBD.Recordset.MoveFirst The program keeps showing me a "Run-time error '91': Object variable or with block variable not set". But if I make a button on the form, write the same code and then press it, it works. I am a beginner and I can't understand why this is happening. Please tell me what I should do to make it work on loading the program? Thank you.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Memory is like an orgasm. It's a lot better if you don't have to fake it.” - Seymour Cray