Child Form: CheckBox Event

vb , net , forms Victoria, Canada
  • 12 years ago
    Hi There, I am very new to programming and started with VB 2008 Express. My knowledge is very limited but try on a little project. The project is to program a excel-like grid using a Grid Tool named Flexgrid. I included the grid on my MainForm and added a second form called FormatGrid, which contains checkboxes to format the grid. For example a check box to hide the first column. I define the grid as Grid1 As New Object under declaration of the form FormatGrid withe following code. But when I click the checkbox the column does not disappear. Using the same code but placing checkbox on the MainForm, it works. I am afraid it is trivial, but I can not figure it out to communicate between the two forms (do I need to inherited the FormatGrid form?). Hope someone can help me. Public Class FormatGrid Public Grid1 As New Object Private Sub Cancel_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Me.Close() End Sub Private Sub checkbox_HideColumnTitle_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cboxHideColumnTitle.CheckedChanged If checkbox_HideColumnTitle.CheckState = 1 Then Grid1.Column(1).Visible = False Else : Grid1.Column(1).Visible = True End If End Sub End Class

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I’ll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.” - Jamie Zawinski