Customize alert emails

alerts , customization , email Barcelona, Spain
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, I'm trying to customize email alerts using IAlertNotifyHandler by following the steps of some pages as this: http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepointdeveloperdocs/archive/2007/12/14/how-to-customizing-alert-emails-using-ialertnotificationhandler.aspx I've created a class that implement the IAlertNotifyHandler and I've added the dll file to the GAC, I've modified the alerttemplates.xml copy and added the properties. Then i've done an iisreset and I've restarted Windows Sharepoint Services Timer. However, I don't receive any alert when I modify the items (and I am subscribed to the alerts). Has anybody any idea of what I may do?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.”