Javascript CSS Menu Going Behind Drop Down List in asp.net

javascript css menu , css menu , menu in asp.net Toronto, Canada
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, I used a javascript and CSS for creating a menu. Everything looks fine, but if there are dropdownlists on the web page, then the menu items from the drop down menu gets hidden behind the dropdownlists. Is there any way I can prevent that. Regards, Royal
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, only thing i can think of is try setting the z-index on the boxes and the menu? Regards Si
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, It's a known issue in IE (fixed in IE 7 and Firefox) that objects that are in position:absolute are behind dropdownlist - zIndex won't help. I found two options to handle with the problem: 1. Using the popup object (in IE). 2. Putting an iframe in the object that is position:absolute David

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are only 3 numbers of interest to a computer scientist: 1, 0 and infinity”