Personal db program

programming , database , free Singapore, Singapore
  • 12 years ago
    Hi folks, I used to be a very good programmer in school until I started working ..... no, simply that my first job had rather defined my career. Anyhow, I am so out of touch with development technologies, and hope members in this forum can help me with one simple (or so I believed) question: I would like to develop a simple program for my personal use which references data in a free and lightweight database, for which the data is not that much (perhaps a total of 2000 records of typically single text fields (perhaps at most 5 fields) spread across a few tables) and added manually. This program is be run on a Windows PC, either my full-fledged notebook or my mini notebook, but potentially in a Windows Mobile device in the future (I love my PalmPilot to bits but I fear I need to move on after my third device since starting in 1997 is beginning to fail me). And so my question is ..... what would members suggest I use for the free DB as well as the programming language or platform to use? Remember that while I used to be a very good programmer, that was a very long time ago when I was known to be proficient in Pascal *gasp*! Cheers, Shah

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.” - Dennis Ritchie