Mapping Excel Sheet in asp.net

importing excel sheet , import in asp.net , excel import , map excelsheet Toronto, Canada
  • 11 years ago
    Hi, I am trying to import data from excel sheet in my web application(asp.net). I have employee details in my excel sheet and want to fetch the data from it and store it in a database table(sql server 2005). I am able to fetch the whole excel sheet in one go. But I want to map each column, like: If I have employee code in column A of excel sheet, then I should be able to specify this on front end. I want to specify the Fieldname(EmpCode, EmpName......and so on) with the corresponding column name(A, B, C......AA, AB....AZ) and then fetch the data. How this can be achieved? Regards, Royal

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The trouble with programmers is that you can never tell what a programmer is doing until it's too late.” - Seymour Cray