Custom Class Designer in Visual Studio 2005

visual studio , designer , editor Gold Coast, Australia
  • 11 years ago
    Hi everyone, What I am after is some information on how to create some kind of graphical interface in Visual Studio for a class, so that when I double click on it in Solution Explorer instead of showing the code document it shows something like a GridView (similar to the Project Settings page), then it would convert whatever is entered in the table to some code (basically builds the class). I have searched a bit but not sure about what to do, classes that inherit Component get a different design surface, so is it a custom designer, but some classes use Custom Tools, some others talk about creating an editor associated with a particular file extension then I got some matches for DSL (which I know nothing about). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Regards, Mark.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.” - Bill Gates