Steps to develop a program

excel , dde link , live data , 50000 columns Melbourne, Australia
  • 11 years ago
    Hi, I haven't had any software developing experience but I was hoping that someone would be willing to offer a newbie some advice. My problem is...I've got live data, I have access to either a TCP feed, DDE link or API. Currently I am using Excel to calculate the data with a DDE link but I have noticed some constraints. Excel is not capable enough to handle the amount of data (up to 50,000 columns) that I am throwing in there. I would like to know what my options may be moving forward...please help me.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves” - Alan Kay