VB6 system conversion using VBA to Word 2007

ribbon control , vb6 , vba , word 2007 Johannesburg, South Africa
  • 11 years ago

Hi

I have a system developed in VB6 that interacts with MS Word 2000 using VBA on an XP platform. Within the system I have instances where I display MS Word documents to the user with vastly restricted controls as follows: 1 Find, Print Preview and Exit - No other accesses 2 Various controls are available but Save and Save as are not available and Track Changes is set and the user cannot unset it. 3 Same as point 2 with two documents displayed in a split screen. At my customers request I have taken the system, still in VB6, onto the Vista platform with Word 2007 and I find that my three controls do appear and seem to work ok but the full ribbon also appears. This means that my user can bypass my security.

How do I get rid of the complete ribbon and only have the controls that I want available? Obviously I would need this control only to be active for speficic documents.

Regards

Mac

B Mac Gregor Bermac Computer Services (27) 082 448 1030 [email protected]

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“My definition of an expert in any field is a person who knows enough about what's really going on to be scared.” - P. J. Plauger