Using Adobe Flex in Visual Studio

flex , adobe , flash , visual studio
This is a comment thread discussing Using Adobe Flex in Visual Studio
  • 7 years ago
  • 6 years ago

These code snippets actually cause parse errors in Tofino, due to the wrong quotes in the stockLabel and stockBtn components.

The " quote char needs to be used again. If people follow this article, they get strange behaviour, high CPU usage, etc. We are fixing the problem, since Tofino shouldn't barf on any bad input, but I thought you should know this so that the article can be fixed.

• 6 years ago

Hi,

When i create a new project, the newly created page comes with a "Hello World" label,

The content of the page consists of mx:Application and a label with text as hello world,

I am using Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM Microsoft .Net Framework version 3.5 Winxp - Sp3

when i try to build / run the application, i get the following error. Please let me know how to fix it.

------ Build started: Project: StockTool, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ Microsoft (R) Build Engine Version 3.5.21022.8 [Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0.50727.1433] Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007. All rights reserved. C%3

• 6 years ago

Hi,

When i create a new project, the newly created page comes with a "Hello World" label,

The content of the page consists of mx:Application and a label with text as hello world,

I am using Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM Microsoft .Net Framework version 3.5 Winxp - Sp3

when i try to build / run the application, i get the following error. Please let me know how to fix it.

------ Build started: Project: StockTool, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ Microsoft (R) Build Engine Version 3.5.21022.8 [Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0.50727.1433] Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007. All rights reserved. C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Ensemble\Tofino\Tofino.targets(17,5): error MSB4018: The "ProjectBuilderTask" task failed unexpectedly. C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Ensemble\Tofino\Tofino.targets(17,5): error MSB4018: Microsoft.Build.Shared.InternalErrorException: Internal MSBuild Error: There must be an owner document. It should have been set in the constructor. C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Ensemble\Tofino\Tofino.targets(17,5): error MSB4018: at Microsoft.Build.Shared.ErrorUtilities.ThrowInternalError(Boolean showAssert, String unformattedMessage, Object[] args) C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Ensemble\Tofino\Tofino.targets(17,5): error MSB4018: at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.BuildItemGroup.Clone(Boolean deepClone) C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Ensemble\Tofino\Tofino.targets(17,5): error MSB4018: at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.Project.getEvaluatedItems() C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Ensemble\Tofino\Tofino.targets(17,5): error MSB4018: at Ensemble.Tofino.Common.FlexBuildProject.getReferencedProjects() C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Ensemble\Tofino\Tofino.targets(17,5): error MSB4018: at Ensemble.Tofino.Common.FlexBuildProject..ctor(Project buildProject, List1 refProjs, List1 refExplicitSwcs, List1 applicationFiles, List1 moduleFiles, List1 cssFiles) C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Ensemble\Tofino\Tofino.targets(17,5): error MSB4018: at Ensemble.Tofino.Build.FlexBuilder..ctor(Project project, IFlexLogger logger, List1 refProjs, List1 refExplicitSwcs, List1 appFiles, List1 modFiles, List1 cssFiles) C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Ensemble\Tofino\Tofino.targets(17,5): error MSB4018: at Ensemble.Tofino.Build.ProjectBuilderTask.Execute() C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Ensemble\Tofino\Tofino.targets(17,5): error MSB4018: at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult) ========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

• 6 years ago

I get a **security Sandbox Violation *

When i try to run this. Do I need to create a website to do this?

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time.” - Tom Cargill