Convert C++ code to VB6

convert , vb6 , cpp Irving, United States
  • 11 years ago

Hi friends

I have a strange requirement, how do I convert a c++ program to vb6 ? any suggestions and comments are welcome.....

• 11 years ago

Hi :-) maybe u need to convert from c++ to c# convert from c# to vb.net and then to vb6 but the most error wast of time ...

• 11 years ago

Yeah, that's not going to be pretty at all. I suggest a rewrite because there will be vast differences. If you know what the C++ application is doing, then doing something similar in VB6 should be possible, but taking C++ code line for line and converting it, I don't think that is going to be easy and in some cases not entirely possible.

• 11 years ago

You can call the C++ dll files from VB only if the program in C++ is not complex. But if this fails then follow what Absolom posted.

• 11 years ago

You can call the C++ dll files from VB only if the program in C++ is not complex. But if this fails then follow what Absalom posted.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“A computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a perfect match” - Bill Bryson