New to VBA: Not sure how to handle data which the program will need in order to run........

vba , programming , newbie Richmond, United States
  • 11 years ago

Hi, I am new to VBA programming but in my younger days i was a good pascal programmer. I know the syntax is not the same but i am learning.

Question: For a friend i am trying to write a "bakery" program which will accept input from a user and based on this input the program will compare/calculate against hundreds of existing recipes. The output will be new recipes based on the desired qty to make. My question is how do i store or whats the best way to retrieve the hundreds of recipes which i will need to have access to. I have done some excel vba programming and in this case the recipes would already exist in another sheet in excel. But i want to do this ALL in VBA so i am not sure how to proceed. If some one could give me a little guidance to point me in the right direction i will take it from there.

thanks

dave

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Before software should be reusable, it should be usable.” - Ralph Johnson