creating .exe file

javascript , asp.net , sqlserver2005 Kuwait
  • 11 years ago

hai, i want to know how to create .exe file in asp.net . if anyone have an idea please share with me through my mail account my id is [email protected]

Thanks, Arifa Naveed

• 11 years ago

hai, i want to know how to create .exe file in asp.net . if anyone have an idea please share with me through my mail account my id is [email protected]

Thanks, Arifa Naveed

• 10 years ago

if you want it in vb.net i can tell you but in asp.net I never heard about exe cuz it's only web-based !!

• 10 years ago

Its possible on server using asp.net,

Not on client, as .exe file requires IO operation,

and its not allowed on Client computer. So its not possible on client, but on server you can create an .exe file for web application( FOR that You web hostingshould support an EXE file operation- by default that right are not there in general web hosting)

• 10 years ago

Yes i agree @hajjaj there's is no exe in ASP.Net, if it is in VB.Net is is located on your project, i the bin directory, bout asp.net is fully web base all you do is to Publish Web Site, right click on the web project in the Solution Explorer and yoou can see the Publish Web Site, and follow.

• 10 years ago

There is no exe file for aspnet application..you have to publish the web site in IIS..

• 8 years ago

Hi,

Create Setup Project

1. Go to file menu > click Add > new project >now “Add New Project” dialog will appear.

2. Select the “Other Project Types” and click “Setup and Deployment” projects,Choose “Setup Project” give name project name in name text box finally click OK.

3. New project appear in solution explorer,for eg., you have give the name “MyEXE” file will be displays with given name.

4. Right click the MyEXE > go View > click “File System”

5. You can see the “File System on TargetMachine”under three folders Application Folder User’s Desktop User’s Program Menu

6. Select Application Folder and right click Add>Project Output>select Primary output

7. Select User’s Desktop right click on the right side pane>click create new shortcut>select output file from Application folder>change the file name from primary output name to MyEXE Same procedure follows the user’s program menu also

8. If you want to change the Manufactures name, just right click the project go to properties

9. Finally Build the new project After successfully Build the project myEXE(Setup) will be appear in Application Debug or Release folder(depend upon the properties settings) EXE or installer will be available on his physical path…

Many Thanks,

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.”