virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

web development , csharp programming , asp.net Philippines
  • 7 years ago

Im new to asp.net c#. I encounter errors while running a subfolder on my web server which my test folder is located, the errors are: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error: Line 24: ASP.NET to identify an incoming user. Line 25 Line 26: authentication mode=None Line 27: customErrors mode=Off Line 28: with tags on the authentication and custom errors any suggestions I would greatly appriciate..Thank you

• 7 years ago

Im new to asp.net c#. I encounter errors while running a subfolder on my web server which my test folder is located, the errors are: < Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error: Line 24: ASP.NET to identify an incoming user. Line 25 Line 26: authentication mode=None Line 27: customErrors mode=Off Line 28: with tags on the authentication and custom errors any suggestions I would greatly appriciate..Thank you

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of whether submarines can swim.” - Edsger W. Dijkstra