Taskbar

.net , vb6 United States
  • 18 years ago

Is there any way I can get a list of what apps. are listed in the task bar?  or what other files are currently running?

• 18 years ago

There are many cases:
    In NTkernel Windozes:
     using psapi.dll functions I
    In NTkernel windozes & .NET framework:
     using System.Diagnostics.Process classes

and check out:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q187913

Hope this helps!
    Xcuse my english!

• 18 years ago

Try the EnumWindows API call.  In the callback procedure, use the API for retrieving a caption based on the hwnd.  Sorry, I don't remember the API for this .

• 18 years ago

The EnumWindows will show all aplications that have a window...
    All windowless aplications will remain...unknown...

• 18 years ago

I understand by taskbar apps, all apps that have an icon in the taskbar, therefore we are talking about applications with a window only.  Processes like findfast should not be enumerated as this and other processes are not being shown in the taskbar.  That is why I thought of the enumwindows .

A matter of interpretation, I guess.

• 18 years ago

...I was talking about "other files ...running" (other than "listed in the task bar")...

• 18 years ago

If I understand you....

Try Process32First API Call and Process32Next API Call.

Examples are in API-Guide v3.7...... Search for it or go to allapi.net and download the apiguide.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'” - Isaac Asimov