VB.NET

• 18 years ago

VB.NET does not support OBJPTR,VARPTR,STRPTR....Total disaster for the progressive programmers!!!!

Lots of things I'll not be able to do!..!!...!!!!

• 18 years ago

Do you have an example of what you won't be able to do?

• 18 years ago

Example:

Class1...
    Window1...

SetProp Window1.hwnd,"CLASS",ObjPtr(Class1)

???Is this possible with VB.NET??? I dont think so!

• 18 years ago

... but as you're not going to be wanting to use windows API in VB.net, it shouldn't be a problem. Microsoft have basically made both c# and vb.net "safe" .... you can, however, I believe, get your hands on some pointers if you enable an unmanaged option for c# ....

• 18 years ago

Why M$ think like that? Why C#???
    I dont want to work with lang which have dependency runtime or which couldnt compile total native code!!!

• 18 years ago

VB has a dependency runtime....!! With the next release of Windows, the .NET framework will be there by default anyway, so in effect there won't be a dependency runtime for c# and vb.net programs...

• 18 years ago

Everybody knows that vb has a dependency runtime....
    (But with VB.NET,I have expected opposite situation!)

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.” - Bill Gates