Somebody help me with Visual C++

• 18 years ago

Hi all,

Im a total beginner in Visual C++, Ive been given an assignment in university to create a graphical advert in C++, which has to be based on sporting activities.  Apart from this requirement, all that is demanded is that it incorporates as many functions as possible - tweening, wobbling, viewports, clipping, all transformation techniques, and possibly 3D objects.

I have no idea where to start, so Im hoping there is someone out there that can tell me what is the best method of completing such a task, ie scenes and timers etc.  And also, where I ca find out how to code these kind of things, perhaps sites with good tutorials or code examples and descriptions.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!  Please send any information or help to [email protected]

• 18 years ago

im also a begginer to c++ BUT
    for all ur fancy 3d and graphical things,, i would recomend using
    opengl  (a graphics library ) MUCH easyer!!

i think the header file is opengl32.h or opengl.h  sumthing like that...

There is a web site dedicated to open gl tutorials for all languages,,,, mainly C++

it deals from everything from opening an openGL window to surer compilcated and fancy effects !!!!!

each and EVERY line of code is fully annotated and extremely easy to understand    + u can download the tutorials as Visual C++ projects !!!

the address is  www.HeNe.com

as for your other problems,, i can help,,, but with this site i created spectacular graphical efffects in hours !!!!!

Guaranteed to impress

(the link is actiing up at the moment !!!!!) i poseted a working link to this site,, look for it in resources,, sorry,, have to go to lesson now....

• 18 years ago

Here ya go,,,,,
    just took me a while to find it,

http://www.libsdl.org/opengl/intro.html

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The greatest performance improvement of all is when a system goes from not-working to working.” - John Ousterhout