vb6 to vb.net chnages???

.net , vb6 Australia
  • 18 years ago

hi

im about to get vb.net this weekend or next and im just wondering what will be the new features(main) that i will notice, and how difficult will it be to change from vb6 to vb.net???

• 18 years ago

New feature(main): Real Object Oriented ...
    The change to .net (not big difference between vb and c# (other than sintax- my opinion), so I say .net) is not difficult with some OOP notions (my opinion)...

Another change is the user interface...man...that rules!! (my opinion)

Xcuse my english

• 18 years ago

hey,

Well some of the major changes are some kool enhancements which yuo woud like.

remember doing this in VB6?

intInteger = intInteger +1

Well now its convienently:
    intInteger += 1

Everything in .NET is a Class ... the new IDE is very awesome and one handy addition is the TODO function which will add some text to project so you wont forget what you need to do.

Another welcome change is teh code #Region which will shorten your codeview so you can Region off sections.

i am definetly sure you'll love the new IDE. the AutoSyntaxing is Improved and you wont get anymore of those messageboxes shovied in your face cause you wrote a string without the & operator. a convienent line under the illegal syntax is all it takes.

I can write alot more but its Friday and I'm at school, i cant think that much cause its early morning, when i get home I'll write up some more infromation....

• 18 years ago

morning all cheers for that, i know how u feel websoftware as ive just arrived at work for a long boring day , have fun everyone!!!!

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Linux is only free if your time has no value” - Jamie Zawinski