unexpected error (336)

• 16 years ago

Please help me.... when i try to run,compile or make exe my project the "Unexpected error (336)" shows. And if my project comes from sourcesafe i get the "Unexpected error (50057)". How can i solve this error?
    By the way, I'm using ADO, Crystal Reports, and SQL server connection....

• 16 years ago

is the compiler itself generating the error message or does it stop and highlight the offending line in the source code?

• 16 years ago

the compiler generates the error message, it stops and does not highlight any of my codes. anyway, i found out that two of my required dll's were not properly selected. thanks...

• 16 years ago

Quote:
    found out that two of my required dll's were not properly selected

oh, yep...forgot to mention that. always jus keep in mind to verify all references included with the project, and make sure that their up-to-date as well.

dunno if this info would suffice, but i hope that it may be a bit useful.

• 16 years ago

unexpected and catastrophic erors are usually caused when there are missing files required by hte linker... i suggest you try reinstalling Visual Studio SP5 or re-install VS/VB6 and try again.

• 16 years ago

thanks again

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Better train people and risk they leave – than do nothing and risk they stay.” - Anonymous