deployment of application

• 15 years ago

Is there a way to deploy win application on other machine, so on the other machine doesn't have to be installed .net framework?

• 15 years ago

Applications made with .NET framework needs it at runtime and since Framework is an essential requirement for .NET applications you can not deploy any .NET project on such machine where Framework is not installed, .NET framework is freely downloadable and distributable so i think you first install framework and then deploy your application.

There are some networking thinclient softwares available which provide functionality to execute an application from a different machine from network you can use them but it will increase the burdon of the machine actually runs the application.

GMike    

"I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code."  

• 15 years ago
    google:  .net bootstrapper

that will allow your setup to check for the framework and install it if neccissary.  most people have it installed already, but just to be safe.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.” - Bill Gates