SharePoint, Document Library and SQL Server

sharepoint United Kingdom
This is a comment thread discussing SharePoint, Document Library and SQL Server
  • 11 years ago

Hi,

This article is very useful for me as a beginner to Sharepoint.  I need a favour, there is a requirement to have a form that collects some input like description, remarks, expiry date etc and add a document to the library.  It requires edit feature and delete feature too.  Can you please guide me how to achieve in sharepoint, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Please mail at reachbaala@yahoo.com

Thanks, Bala

• 10 years ago

Hello,

I am new to SharePoint, I am reseraching for my company the option of useing SharePoint Shared Document library for our docmentation system.  We are a small company and need to create a standard shared docuemnt repository for our IT department.

Can anyone answere the following questions?

Thanks

Is there icensing fee's for a share point shared document library?

Can you create retention rules / periods on dcouments stored in the shared document library?

Is the shared document library?

What type of files can be stored in the shared document library? word, PDF, excell, powerpoint, onenote, miscrosoft project, visio?

• 10 years ago

Hi,

I have one questsion, if you can reply. which format sql server store sharepoint files?

second how sqlserver manage versions history?

help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ars

• 9 years ago
    Hi, Great article. Is it possible to use the event handlers and copy the document to sql server? I need to take a document that is uploaded into a document library and copy the document to sql server for our external users to access through an asp.net web application.
  • 9 years ago
    Hi, Your article caught me eye whilst I was browsing trying to learn about Sharepoint. I am BA not a developer and am trying to work out how to implement SharePoint. One of our directors was under the impression that SharePoint doucments are stored within the database rather than on a file store similar to Lotus Notes. I have not been able to find any information to verify this. My questions are: 1. Can you confirm where SharePoint stores the documents - database or network/file store directory? 2. How difficult is it to migrate/extract documents from SharePoint if you decide in the future to move to another product?
  • 8 years ago

Hi, I have tried using this example and have followed step by step the setup instructions. I am not able to save the document information to the database. I am using Sharepoint 2007. The Eventhandler does not fire or update the database. Any help or recommendation willl be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jaime

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance.” - Robert R. Coveyou