Change Currency in Web.config

.net , asp.net Bahrain
  • 14 years ago

Hi, I want to change the currency from $ to Bahraini Dinars- (BD)  I have changed the uiCulture as fallows:

<!-- GLOBALIZATION

This section sets the globalization settings of the application.

-->

<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" culture="en-US" uiCulture="en-US" />

to:

<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" culture="ar-BH" uiCulture="ar-BH" />

it gives 2 letters in arabic  (دب) but i want it in english (BD)  how can i do that?

• 14 years ago

It is not something I've had a need to look into but I recall that you can create multipul language versions of your website by using resource files (.resx) and in them have the text for each language. When a user requests a file the apropiate language is automatically selected based on the culture setting of thier browser.

This was in VS-2003 (.net1.1) not sure about .net 2.0. 

Maybe this will help

Regards

Brin

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.”