[H] What is your reference? [H]

vb6 Somalia
  • 14 years ago

Hi i would like if you can put here your best reference book about VB6?

Murach's Visual Basic 6

now what is yours?

regards

DoctorMahdi

• 14 years ago

Hi guys why don't you participate!

please write here your best reference book about VB6

Regards

DoctorMahdiSmiley Face [:)]

• 14 years ago
    Hi Doctor Mahdi
     In today world we can get lot reference through net. Actually ur requirement is for Reference Book for VB6. In the market lot of reference books are available. Mostly developers are buying with his requirement which is Database oriented or COM Oriented or etc. We don't know what's ur domain and which concept r u going to buy a reference book?
    Any way
    the follwoing links may useful for u

http://www.vb-helper.com/books_other_visual_basic.html
    http://safari.informit.com/067231598X

Good Luck

Regards
    Hari K

• 14 years ago

Hi Hari

I didn't mean that

yes, there is alot of different reference books about VB6 but you can't know which one is the best unless you read it or someone read it and told you about it so that's why i wrote this question!

so Hari what are the books you like to read about VB6?

regards

DoctorMahdi

• 14 years ago

I think that question is a bit too vague to answer with a single book. Most books are either very general introductions to programming with VB, or written for a specific genre or type of programming.

I have dozens of books that are for one specific topic, such as API, database, networking, graphics, shell programming, extending/interacting with specific applications, etc. programming.

The other thing to consider is your skill level - while the Appleman's book is widely considered the 'bible' for VB API programming, it isn't really useful to the novice programmer who doesn't understand most of the concepts.

What kind of programming are you interested in, and what is your skill level?

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of whether submarines can swim.” - Edsger W. Dijkstra