linking a subreport

• 12 years ago
    I'm working in a aplication which  has a need of a report. I've made the report and it works fine.
     The problem is when I want to insert a SUBREPORT in this report. The data is being displaied in the report but not in the subreport.
     The subreport has informations that are insterted in the form. So I decided to put them in a other database and create a report just for that database and put that report as a subreport in my report.
    what should I do?

• 12 years ago

HI biljana

Are you using crystal report or something else?

Link to your subreport through a UserID database field, and assign datasource to both reports at runtime by using ReportDocument.SetDataSource().

Regards

DoctorMahdi

• 12 years ago

biljana, sorry i didn't really get what the problem is. is it inserting the subreport or linking it to the main report or passing info between main and subreport?.

• 12 years ago

Hi

For inserting subreport into your application using crystal report check the following link

Regards

DoctorMahdi

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“It works on my machine.” - Anonymous