error: SQL server does not exist

.net Bahrain
  • 14 years ago

i have a problem in one of the clients PC

i install for him the application written in vb .net , the application runs fine in all other clients but for him it give me SQL server does not exist when he tries multiple times its connect and open fine.

just for one week he can access without the above error after one week the error comes again.

iam sure that the sql server is fine and avaliable to all users , i tried to reinstall the application but the error is still there\

can anybody help me, any help will be appriciated

thanks

coder

• 14 years ago

Is SQL Server slow to respond if you try to connect to it some other way?  If so then your connection attempt may be timing out.  You can set the ConnectTimeout property of your connection object to something greater than the default 30 seconds and see if that helps.

• 14 years ago
  • 14 years ago
    jmcilhinney : sql server is working fine in all clients PC but it give error for that PC
  • 14 years ago

Its seems that this problem occur in the first morning when the PC is recently opened

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Never trust a programmer in a suit.” - Anonymous