Web camera

hardware Slovenia
  • 12 years ago

Hi!

I 've just bought a new web camera Canyon CN-WCAM313. I followed the instructions on how to install the drivers and at first everything seemed to be OK. I got a message saying: "The device is ready to use". But the camera didn't work. So I reinstalled the drivers and now when I plug the camera in I always get a message saying: "USB Device not recognized. One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate. At first I thought the operating system was the problem but then when I tried installing it on another computer running Windows XP I got the same error message. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

Regards,

Programmer

• 12 years ago

Please check BIOS update and down load update from the internet.

or visit www.computerhope.com type your problem you will get it solved.

hope that will help

regards,

c2c

• 12 years ago

Hi dendron.

Thank you for your reply. I've updated the BIOS but the camera still doesn't work. I get the same error mesage.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Programmer

• 11 years ago

Try plugging it into another USB port. Also make sure other devices work.

The other problem could be with the USB hub (a mobo with onboard usb ports is effectively a usb hub when detected by Windows).

If it is a problem with the hub, you have to go into Device Manager and uninstall all the USB devices. Restart your computer and then go back to dev manager and scan for hardware changes.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“PHP is a minor evil perpetrated and created by incompetent amateurs, whereas Perl is a great and insidious evil perpetrated by skilled but perverted professionals.” - Jon Ribbens