Writing to registery !

csharp Yemen
  • 13 years ago

i want to disable some keys on keyboard such as start and other combination,

and while searching in google i found that it can be done by writing some values to registery, the problem is :  i have no idea how to write to registery in C# :

To disable start button :

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
    Value Name: Scancode Map
    Data Type: REG_BINARY (Binary Value)
    Value Data: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 5B E0 00 00 5C E0 00 00 00 00

To disable Windows Hotkeys :

User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
    Explorer]
    System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
    Explorer]
    Value Name: NoWinKeys
    Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
    Value Data: (0 = disable restriction, 1 = enable restriction)

so my question is: how to write the above values to registery in C#, and how to remove it.

thanks in advance.

• 13 years ago
    Hi there - have you checked out http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/show/4640/ ?

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves” - Alan Kay