ASP.NET and Access Database problem, please help

asp.net Albania
  • 12 years ago

Hi, I'm making a web site with access database and when I try to connect I get this kind of problem

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file "path". It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Please any idea what to do, I searched in internet, google and so on but no helpfull, so if anyone know where is the problem please write.

Thank You in advance

• 12 years ago
    Can you open the access database normally? (ie double clicking the mdb file)

I'd be looking at whether the asp.net account has the right permissions to access the mdb file. You may find that although you (personally) can get to it, the account under which the website runs (usually asp.net) cannot. That's a starter.

• 12 years ago

Hi, yes I can open it edit it and everything else, but only manualy not from the aspx page.

Thank You

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of whether submarines can swim.” - Edsger W. Dijkstra