Windows Communication Foundation has become an integral part of many .NET based solutions, enabling highly customizable messaging across distributed environments. In Expert WCF 4, you will cover scenarios that include designing, implementing, consuming and hosting services.
This book illustrates some of the most advanced features of WCF by working through two primary solutions. First, by building out an e-commerce solution that connects web sites to stock management systems, you will learn to perform secure, reliable and transactional communications with payment processing engines. Next, by developing a Smart Client project based on a call center, you will learn to implement peer-to-peer communications, data services and utilize federated security.
Taking a problem-centric approach, this book will guide you through the vast array of options that WCF 4 offers for addressing both common and complex problems, and provide you with the tools and knowledge that will allow you to implement advanced solutions.
What you'll learn
- Discover and implement the new functionality available in WCF 4
- Go beyond the basics of WCF and learn to implement a wide array of features using a project based approach
- Implement features such as peer-to-peer, service discovery, transactions, data services, and IIS hosting with AppFabric
- Learn to make professional architectural, design, and implementation choices
- Build WCF in web based scenarios using REST with JSON and XML
- Discover how to implement numerous patterns using WCF
Who this book is for
This book is for software developers and architects working with the .NET Framework who have prior experience with .NET and WCF.