Laura Cowen, Mark Johnson, Alan Pope, and Tony Whitmore are live again in Studio A for episode 12 of season 4 of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team!
In this week’s show:-
- We talk about what we’ve been doing including working how not to run out of printer ink with TuxPaint, wedding photography, pledging money to PledgeMusic, and pimping a Joggler.
- We chat about real-time video editor in-the-making, Novacut, and the controversy (here and here).
- We announce the winner of our HP Microserver competition.
- We review the MeeNee laptop, a low-cost laptop that comes with Ubuntu installed..
- …and we introduce a new competition to win said MeeNee laptop. Entries to email@example.com by Sunday 28th August.
- In the news:-
- 13th – 14th August 2011 – OggCamp11 – The Maltings, Farnham, UK. There’s lots more information on website now, including a schedule for the weekend and our list of scheduled speakers to which we announce the addition of Simon Phipps.
- And none of this could happen without all our lovely sponsors:
- And we announce some other new stuff:
- Parking fees apply at the venue on Saturday and they’ve gone up slightly since last episode. It’s now £4.40 for the whole day. It’s still free on Sunday.
- Wifi! We think we have wifi sorted out now as the venue are installing it as I write. If you’re feeling a bit dubious about how well a new wifi installation will stand up to a multitude of geeks and their laptops/phones/tablets, please bring your own 3G dongle. Speakers, please bring a copy of your slides on a USB stick just in case. And there’ll be wifi at the geeknic in the park.
- There’ll be an exhibition:
- And the OggCamp raffle is back! With…
- And finally, we thought we’d let you know that on Friday nights the William Cobbett pub has a BBQ from 8pm to 11.45pm.
- 22nd – 26th August, London, UK: DrupalCon (tickets now sold out)
- 7th – 9th October, Manchester, UK: PHPNW
- We have a Bit About Ubuntu:-
- And a Bit Not About Ubuntu:-
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: email@example.com and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Discuss this episode in the Forums