Fcuk C++ java and VB, THIS is the language of the

humour , java United Kingdom
  • 17 years ago

THE LESSER-KNOWN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES #5: VALGOL

From its modest beginnings in Southern California's San Fernando Valley, VALGOL is enjoying a dramatic surge of popularity across the industry.
    Here is a sample program:

LIKE, YKNOW(I MEAN)START
    IF PIZZA = LIKE BITCHEN AND GUY = LIKE TUBULAR AND
    VALLEY GIRL = LIKE GRODYMAX(FERSURE)2 THEN
    FOR I = LIKE 1 TO OH
    MAYBE 100
    DOWAH - (DITTY2)
    BARF(I)=TOTALLY GROSS(OUT)
    SURE
    LIKE BAG THIS PROGRAM
    REALLY
    LIKE TOTALLY (Y
    KNOW)
    IM*SURE
    GOTO THE MALL

When the user makes a syntax error, the interpreter displays the message:
    GAG ME WITH A SPOON!!

• 17 years ago

NEXT WEEK, NEW SECTION -> INDEX / GENERAL / OTHER LANGUAGES / VALGOL

CAN´T WAIT FOR IT!
    I´LL POST CODE AND RESOURCES!!!
    C´MON YOU GUYS, HELP US DEVELOP THE LANGUAGE OF THE FUTURE!

DrNo.

Ps: qwijibow, this is one hell of a GREAT idea!

• 17 years ago

meh! dont write the lanague in VB or anything now...

qwijibow's language specification is a start...

• 17 years ago

its not my language. that language reeealy does exist....

ever seen a sample of headfuk ??? ill ry and find 1, its INSANE !

Quote:
    Ps: qwijibow, this is one hell of a GREAT idea!

aint i just full of em ?

• 17 years ago

I don't believe you!
    But I know that your gonna invent it just to prove me right. I can image this forum being your spawning pool for absurd programming languages!
    This Valgol and that brainfuck, what is programming going to?? Where do you find these anyway?

• 17 years ago

u dont believe me ? look at my brainfuck samples thread, or search the net for urself.
    u can even dounload an interpreter, and see the smaples working.

• 17 years ago

I partly believe you about the brainfuck, maybe not about the valgol.
    Just sounds like a joke, that's all.

And how come the mods have locked the 'Yay I have a story' thread?? Only a few pages long and I never got a chance to say that I think penguins have fur.

• 17 years ago

you are right, Valgol is a joke designed to take the pi$$ out of calefonia slang
    (it has anouther variation called CalGol (calerfonia girl)

ANYWAY

Yes, the language is a joke, BUT. the nerd who thought up the joke, designed the languade and programmed a compiler for it, why ? cos he's a sad nerd with no firends and takes his jokes Seriously.

BUT, although its a joke, it has a language, it has a compiler, and you can program and make working applications in it, therefore its also a real language !

sorry if this upsets you,

but its real ! {and a joke}

• 17 years ago

oh, and in the post about why ur thread is closed

Quote:
    oh stop complaining, james doesn't charge you to use this site does he?

{hehe, i love the quote things )

anyway, how does this site generate cash to pay for itself, i assume james is getting cash for the advertisements on it,
    and we are paying by seeing the adverts, giving them hits, and the people who pay for there adverts and popups, pay to expose us to them

so by coming here, and seeing that damn popup every time that page loads, arnt we paying ?

• 17 years ago

Nice point qwijibow but are there popups on DevFusion? I haven't noticed.

Here's the advertisment for advertisers if you've not seen it before:

Quote:
    With over 1.3 million page views each month, and 50,000 unique visitors a week, Developer Fusion can provide an excellent opportunity for your company to reach the audience you want. To find out how we can serve your company, please contact James Crowley.

1.3 million page views each month! Bet 1/2 that is from the 'General' section of the forum

I don't think it cost an incredible amount, didn't James admit somewhere that he can't have an email-reply thing on notifications because it's hosted I think. I'm not sure, it probablly costs a fortune lol.

• 17 years ago

i u sed to get a popup when i opened upthe page, but dont now, i upgraded mozilla, this version has an anti popup thing on it.

• 17 years ago

i ownder if anywhere int he small print is sats sumthing like..

note: 90% of the traffic is caused by paulfp, coolio, qwijibow and a few others, who dont reealu count, and are not gonna actually buy anything u advertise to them anyway.

• 17 years ago

Chilkat and MaximumASP are payin this site.

DrNo.

• 17 years ago

sweet, so every time i look at the chilkat advert and think,,,, why are they trying to make programmin stuff look kewl.. df gets a little bit more money (in theory)

hands up who learned to program to look kewl and pull girls??? thought not.

l

• 17 years ago

hands up for the bald guy looking at the horizon. I think his weird...

DrNo.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.” - Martin Fowler